Our schools are minimising the number of visitors they receive, as well as the amount of time visitors spend on the school premises, during the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. This will help to minimise group mixing and make it easier to maintain social distancing in school.
We expect all visitors to: 1. only visit the school premises if absolutely necessary. Please phone instead, request a call or request an online meeting if possible. 2. not enter the premises if you or any members of your household have symptoms of coronavirus. 3. clean your hands with alcohol gel (provided) when you enter and leave the building. 4. follow the same procedures as those in place for staff, ie social distancing (2m), avoid touching surfaces and do not enter areas of the school without the permission of staff.
Thank you for your support in keeping our pupils, staff and families safe.
At the moment, you will be reading lots of information about ways in which you can help your child to learn at home. The most important way of helping your child at the moment, is to ensure that they are loved, safe and happy. We are all feeling the pressure at the moment, so please just take it a day at a time, and do what you can.
Please do not feel the pressure to 'teach' your child but many of you have asked about ways in which you can keep your child's learning 'ticking over.'
As you are aware, you will find ideas on our class Twitter page, and also listed here, on our class webpage.
If it all seems a little overwhelming, the list below provides an 'overview' of the things that your child could be doing at home.
1. Choose an activity from the home learning guide (all areas of the curriculum - see document listed below).
2. Use the Talk for Writing ideas from 'The Magical Teaching Box'. Excellent for talking, writing and practising grammar skills.
https://www.talk4writing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Y2-Unit.pdf This is a really good resource.
3. Weekly spellings - new rule each week (see document listed below).
4. SPaG (Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar) website - kidsclassroomsecret.co.uk (using your own log in details that were sent home).
5. Bug Club - reading, comprehension and SPaG activities. I have enjoyed marking these! :-) https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
6. My Maths - new tasks uploaded for Summer Term. I have enjoyed marking these too! :-) https://login.mymaths.co.uk/login
7. Times Tables Rock Stars (using your own log in details that were sent home). https://play.ttrockstars.com/
8. Complete a page of 'My 2019 Covid-19 Time Capsule' (see document below).
9. Play, play, play and have fun!
If you have any particular requests or are unsure about any of the learning, please do contact me via Twitter or e-mail and I will be more than happy to help you.
Welcome to Seahorse Class
In Seahorse Class we love learning and finding out new things.
We think it is important to respect, support and look after each other.
In Shark class we work to develop a positive mindset and understand that we learn from mistakes,
persevere and enjoy a challenge!
Follow us on Twitter: @WideySeahorse
Miss Nile - Class Teacher
Mrs Wiffen - Class TA
Our topic this term is 'Under the Sea.'
Please click on 'Curriculum Knowledge Organiser' link below to find out what we are learning this term.
You will find a list of our important dates on the Welcome letter.